Recent content by Natebert

1. Natebert

Ground Tenters need NOT apply

Do I qualify if I throw my sleeping bag on the roof?
  2. Natebert

Alu-cab gen 3

That looks sweet.
  3. Natebert

April 2019. Possible trip I’m planning out.

That looks great. I'll join you if the timing works out.
  4. Natebert

Possible combo trip and OX West

Decent chance I'll go to the one in Guni. Thanks for pointing it out.
  5. Natebert

Great video explaining auxiliary power.

Good explanation if a bit long. TL;DR Different types of batteries don't play well together without smart controls.
  6. Natebert

Electric off road vehicle???

That sounds like it a great idea to me. DC->AC->DC would work but not very efficiently. It would be fine while you're driving though. There should be a way to charge it directly. We definitely would need something to manage the charging and prevent over charging so can't hook it directly to a...
  7. Natebert

Sloppy Steering

Anyone have a detailed checklist for where to look when your steering starts feeling vague? Fluids, bolt torques, loose ball joints, worn bushings..... Probably my imagination since I'm comparing it to my sports car but my JK seems to be reacting slower than it used to. I'd love a complete list...
  8. Natebert

Kokopeli Trail - October 18-21

I might join depending on the timing. I have some family coming around then. Definitely going to take less moonshine if I do go :)
  9. Natebert

Solar Panel

I'll admit its at least 50% gadget ;)
  10. Natebert

Solar Panel

What are you guys liking for solar panels & controllers these days? Any recommendations for manufacturers to target or avoid? Needed features? Mostly to be used for augmenting running a fridge but may need to do other things. I'm looking at a http://a.co/i8zluoC MOHOO 100W Bendable Foldable...
  11. Natebert

Help a Newb Out - What Vehicle Should I buy?

I love my Wrangler but it isn't always the best option and tend to be pricey. The market around here makes it hard to find any cheap. I will strongly 2nd the newer than 2012 recommendation though. Two more questions for you to think about. 1 How many people are you hauling? If it's more than...
  12. Natebert

Colorado Geology

This is probably the best put together geology video I've ever seen. Explains a lot of the stuff we see driving through CO and watching it probably should be a residency requirement for people moving here ;)
  13. Natebert

Crossing the Greenland Icecap

Cool vid. Loved the radar station. Awesome music and never had to hear the infernal buzz of a single drone ;)
  14. Natebert

El Camino del Diablo 3/28/18-4/1/18

I wasn't able to make it last year but I think I can this year. I'm looking forward to exploring this area.
  15. Natebert

Colorado Springs to Moab

Sounds fun. I'll join in.