Recent content by Orbital Debris

1. Orbital Debris

FS 2013 4runner Limited wheels

5 20 inch OEM wheels (4 plus spare) for 500 dollars. These would make nice winter set for a 4-5 gen 4runner or would fit a tacoma as well. See pictures over at T4R.org...
  2. Orbital Debris

2018 APRS Balloon launch schedule

EOSS-277 Will launch from Deer trail tomorrow morning at 7 am. You can hear the pre-flight net tonight at 8 pm on the 449.225 MHz Rocky Mountain Hams repeater (141.3 tone if you would like to check in). During the flight (7-11 am tomorrow) you can monitor tracker operations on 448.450 MHz...
  3. Orbital Debris

Out Of The Heat, Into The Fire 7/6-7/8

I was flying a Mavic Pro. It actually worked out well since I arrived at the end of the trail when the group was a couple of miles away so I could set up. I flew it back along the trail a little way and caught some video. If I get around to uploading it to youtube I will post a link. That's...
  4. Orbital Debris

Alternative to Dual Battery

For those interested, MicroStart has the original design of the XP-3 listed at less than half price ($55) on their website. I think this is the same one that Ben was showing at the recovery class. The new design is listed for 119, so this is a killer deal. It looks like the new design is...
  5. Orbital Debris

Sorry I missed you Morris. The first time I fully heard the group on the radio was when you were reporting your check engine light. Glad it wasn't a big repair.
  6. Orbital Debris

Once I was hooked up with the group, Ben led us out to CR69/Manhattan Rd and down to the south to get a start on the next trail before stopping for the night. We spent a while going farther in hoping to find a suitable camp site since it was rather crowded in the NF. Eventually Ben and Ross...
  7. Orbital Debris

Well, I was in the better late than never category, because I had conflicts that kept me from meeting the group on Friday night. I set out Saturday morning only knowing the group was somewhere around Red Feather Lakes or Poudre Canyon. I drove out through the area, beaconing and listening on...
  8. Orbital Debris

Spring Escape! 17-20 May!

Interested, and I'll put this on my calendar. My style seems to line up with yours, I'm wheeling a daily driver and more for overland than rock crawling.
  9. Orbital Debris

2018 APRS Balloon launch schedule

As you may have seen before, I've posted upcoming APRS balloon launches. There are a good opportunity to hone APRS skills and or Ham skills, and you can participate in a number of ways. You can listen in to comms, track the balloons directly with your APRS rig, or follow the balloons on the...
  10. Orbital Debris

Rocky Mountain Hams at MakerFaire on 10/14/17

Rocky Mountain Ham Radio will be exhibiting its communications trailer at the Maker Faire Denver on October 14th and 15th 2017 at the Denver Merchandise Mart. 451 E 58th Ave, Denver, CO 80216. They will be there from 10AM Saturday to 5pm Sunday. This is a great event with many crossovers to...
  11. Orbital Debris

Eclipse Viewing Jackson, WY Aug 21, 2017

A little tip: if you type in the address directly such as aprs.fi/KE0LSU-5 , you can skip the search, and it will take you directly to the last known position. It works for any call sign. Anyone driving up I-25, there is a decent repeater in Wheatland that gives good coverage from Chugwater...
  12. Orbital Debris

Alternative to Dual Battery

As a point of reference, I purchased the XP-10 last November. I have used it twice to jumpstart my 4.0L V6 4runner. One of those starts was with the battery totally disconnected. After 5 months and 2 jumpstarts, it was indicating 4/5 on the LED charge status, so I topped it off on charge...
  13. Orbital Debris

APRS for June Meetup

It appears I don't have privileges for the events forum, so I will post this here. I'm finally going to be able to attend the meet up next week. I plan on running APRS on the way down from Longmont. If anyone wants to test out their APRS, post your call and I will monitor and see if I can see...
  14. Orbital Debris

Upcoming APRS Balloon Launches

I've edited the title to make this more generic, rather than starting many threads. Edge of Space Sciences has two upcoming launches in the next couple of weeks: EOSS-237 will launch from Eaton, CO at 0830 March 4th 2017 with payloads from Eaton Middle School students. Call signs for this...
  15. Orbital Debris

Eclipse Viewing Jackson, WY Aug 21, 2017

Be prepared for crowds! http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming-prepares-for-total-solar-eclipse-tourism-rush/article_d30eba67-cb5f-57b2-8147-792ff44f8de2.html And get your eclipse glasses early. The price has gone up, but there are still some reasonable deals on Amazon...