Recent content by Wyatt

1. Wyatt

Inside Cargo Straps

I have heard good things from friends about the ROK straps, they are for motorcycles but I know a few people that have used them for the past few years with very good results.
  2. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

Next up the front end gets an update finally! While I like the look of the Flatlands bumper it honestly was a POS I bent the winch plate up by an inch as well as bent both mounting brackets causing the bumper to shift up and bend the fenders as well. That's what I get for getting the cheap...
  3. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

Alright well, I once again forgot about this thread, what's new? So I'll just do a quick picture update, first off by doing my latest camping trip which was a quick overnight to Escalate Canton Because I had bad cabin fever and needed to get out in the woods for a night. So for daylights savings...
  4. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

The rest of the drive was very uneventful until I hit i-70, where holy driveshaft vibrations batman! With the new gears the driveshaft are spinning significantly faster. And above 70mph it started to vibrate violently. I was halfway to Moab at this point and under 70 it was extremely smooth with...
  5. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

A few days later, I was itching to get out camping and I had a friend in Fairplay having the same issue. So we said screw it and decided to head out to Moab for a weekend of camping and hiking, due to recent snow the trails in the area we're very muddy and not wanting to cause damage to them we...
  6. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

My latest recoveries are 2 cars and a diesel truck. On MLK day Gunnison got a small snow storm. Not even an inch but because it had been around 10° on the highs and -20° as the lows. All the snow that hit the ground turned into a sheet of ice on highway 50. I got a call from another student...
  7. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

As of 2/25/2019 I have a fair bit over 2500 miles on the gears with no word noises or anything. Regear Update. I have driven about 1500 miles on them, including returning back to my home of Gunnison, around the area of vehicle recoveries (coming soon, recently did #9 on my school year) and to...
  8. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

2/25/2019, time for a bit of an update as I forgot about the thread again. Ok well I have been quite busy with the Regear and well we managed to finish. It was a huge project but we learned and made our way through it to the finish. It took about 2.5 days for the rear end. And a day for the...
  9. Wyatt

Burt the Taco

**Note I Do not recommend this as your method of moving the shed** The move: I realized I skipped ahead and missed a key couple days from back before I left for Gunnison. My mom gave my dad and I a list of things to complete on the house before I went away for college. While we had completed...
  10. Wyatt

Burt the Taco

The next day I had an excuse to go to Crested Butte, to pick up GF from her day being an orientation leader up there so why take the highway like everyone else? So I took my favorite way up there which is up and over Ohio Creek pass to Keblar pass. Nothing hard and no low range action but just a...
  11. Wyatt

Burt the Taco

Did some wheeling around Hartman Rocks to kill time before I could move into my dorm for the year. This was the second time wheeling Burt. This time with all my living supplies in the back. I started it just finding some light trails but as it was getting dark I ended up pushing farther and...
  12. Wyatt

Burt the Taco

Yeh with the single cab it is very mixed I think it look better with it as well. But for function off if better while I'm not home. Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
  13. Wyatt

Burt the Taco

And the photos are sideways again.... Gotta figure that out. Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
  14. Wyatt

Burt the Taco

Just going through my phone and found that there have been a few changes to little Burt. In chronological order would be using Burt to move back to Gunnison for fall semester. With the drawer system in the Jeep, it's cargo capacity is very limited to compared to when I did this move last year...
  15. Wyatt

CoWj A dream build.

Start of the regear process tonight, pulled the rear most of the way apart, axle shafts, brakes, sway bar, skid plate. Tomorrow the carrier will come out, and we still start the gear swap and tuning. Bonus is this rock I found hanging out in my differential skid plate, it's probably been in...