Search results

1. REDONE

Fighter Jets, WAY more active recently?

First off, I'm not alarmed. I grew up in Grand Junction in the 80s and military aircraft were flying overhead non-stop (and air-raid drills were still a thing and everyone knew the closest fallout shelter). I'm only curious if others have noticed the uptick over the last 4-5 months? I'm on the...
  2. REDONE

Outdoor Retailer show @ Denver Conv. Center?

Is anyone here going? It's a trade show (not open to the public) but could show us what's coming down the pipe to a store near you. I'm geographically available to check it out, but ineligible as a regular Joe, I'd have to represent a retailer or nonprofit.:D https://www.outdoorretailer.com/
  3. REDONE

Everything I know about Campstoves.

I'm not a paid, professional camp gear reviewer, but I've got a lot of experience with quite a bit of stuff, as well as no financial reason to mislead anybody. Right now I won't mislead anyone about any of these campstoves.;) The topic comes up a lot across a myriad of places and I know that...
  4. REDONE

School Me on Canvas Tents

It's no secret that I like the cheap tents I've been using my whole life, but we all know that they have limitations, including their useful lifespan. As my family gets back to spending 20-40 nights a year in a tent (had a baby, now a toddler, so adventuring SHOULD pick back up!), I'm keeping...
  5. REDONE

Making a Case for Cheap Ground Tents

Rooftop Tents are awesome and popular for a myriad of valid reasons, but not necessary for a Rocky Mountain overland adventure. In fact, there's quite a few reasons a cheap ground tent is better for the adventure opportunities available here in the Rocky Mountain region. There are many times...
  6. REDONE

Spring Escape! 17-20 May!

Been trying to work this trip out for a while, so I'm putting it on the calendar WAY out, but solid! Lets face it, the biggest challenge in getting out there is the planning, so I'm doing the prework for you.;) Looking at the dates of 17-20 of May, 2018. This is right after Finals for most...
  7. REDONE

XenForo

Not a big deal since I know where I am, but where the Rocky Mountain Overland logo used to be, it just says "xenForo". Been this way for about a month.
  8. REDONE

So Long to Summer Trip

I'm working on another trip before it gets too cold to camp with toddlers! Nothing set in stone just yet but pitching some goals and a time frame. Due to work and school considerations, I think Labor Day weekend is probably the best bet for time off. The downside is that there's usually a lot...
  9. REDONE

Eclipse Trip Report

Just awesome from start to finish! (I'll edit this post to include more and more pictures as get them sorted, but wanted to get the thread started so the others can add their perspectives and pictures as well). We began by bombing out of Denver Friday at 10am on I-70 to Rifle. From there we...
  10. REDONE

Matt's Eclipse Trip Summary!

Since the big thread is pretty long, here's a summary of my plans! Any and all are welcome to join me at any point along the way! Since there are so many groups (three? I guess not that many) I'll list this in reverse order so those who plan to meet up, OR are using this as a contingency, only...
  11. REDONE

Makestickers.com

Just had a run of stickers made for the Eclipse trip and I'm impressed! No minimum, so I don't have 50 extra stickers that I'll never get rid of. Price is reasonable. It goes down the more you buy, but these were about $2.50 a stick for my 10 sticker run. I expected a 2-week turn around, but it...
  12. REDONE

The BLM Office

Wow has that changed! I'm not complaining, but I sure am showing my age, haha! Cruised down the BLM office yesterday gathering info for the Eclipse trip. BLM offices used be staffed by old bearded guys dressed like they were on safari. They usually had a spinning wire-frame rack with all the...
  13. REDONE

Ouray 2017

I know I'm not a hard-core overlander (I'm a self described Medium-Core Adventurer), but since this was a "self-sufficient trip to experience remote locales and cultures" it counts! ;) My Jeep group has gathered in Ouray, CO the 3rd week of July every year since 2002 (and the CO specific group...
  14. REDONE

If Anyone Has Plans to Visit Yellowstone...

Might want to get on it, while there's still something to see. :eek: http://quake.utah.edu/earthquake-center/quake-map https://www.livescience.com/20714-yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption.html Obviously the doomsaying is hyperbole, but it does make a fantastic excuse to go if it's already on...
  15. REDONE

Sabotaging Bike Trails

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29907784/nails-colorado-trail-spark-concern-over-sabotage-mountain?source=rss Anyone else seen this? I don't get it. While I don't ride as much as I used to, I still like to ride and LOVE mountain bikers. Some of the friendliest people I've met in the back...
  16. REDONE

Big Park, Utah?

So, there's a big park named "Big Park" in eastern Utah, out in the middle of nowhere. South of Bonanza and SouthWest of Dragon. I kinda want to explore this area more thoroughly, but the funny thing is that I can't find out anything else about Big Park. It's not listed as either a state or...