What's new

4 days in Moab mid October

Kerrymann

Anyone interested in a Moab trip?

The kids are out of school the second full week in October so we are thinking of doing 4-5 days in Moab. It's actually been a long time since I was wheeling out there and that was back in my 404.1 Unimog which on 38's made everything easy. Now I am in a 2012 Silverado which is much more mild than wild (2" lift, 33's, Wildernest) and looking for some family friendly (7 and 12 year olds) trail recommendations. I picked up a copy of Well's Moab guide (3rd ed) but as most people know there are a ton of trails to chose from in Moab. In particular good places to pop open the wildernest and take in the sunset/sunrise. It will be a new moon so if the WX holds i'm hoping for some great star gazing / astral photography.

Anyway I am considering Hurrah Pass, Hell Roaring Rim, Crystal Geyser, etc

Have been wanting to hike Mill Creek Waterfall Trail and since it is the off season it might be a good time to check out some of the classic arches since it won't be over-run with people.

Thanks in advance,
Kerry

jasondeanaz

I just came thru Moab on the way back from Breckenridge this weekend. I haven't been of road there but I just watched a YouTube of the White Rim Trail out of Moab. Thought you might like that trail. Rated 5 out of 10 on trail maps.

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

Kerrymann

Thanks. White Rim is definitely on high on the list but the problem is overnight permits for Island in the sky are really limited and they have been completely sold out for weeks. I might try for a day pass through there but still need to find a couple good places to camp out for overnight. I am pretty sure that we will take the rim rocker trail from Moab back to Colorado.

jasondeanaz

I just looked up Rimrock. That looks awesome. Wondering if I could do it in my stock 2WD Silverado. Wishing I had bought a 4WD now that I have my camper.

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk