What's new

Anyone going anywhere this weekend?

DaVikes

The camper is finally finished enough to use it. My wife and kids and I are going somewhere, but we don't know where yet. (If I knew where, I would put this in the trip planning section.) As the kids are along, we'll be focused on camping more than driving. One option I've been contemplating is doing the COBDR from Gypsum to Leadville. That's about 64 off road miles. But we're not really settled on that.

We are thinking about leaving Friday morning, and returning Sunday afternoon, as we've got plans on the 4th. My daughter is almost 13, and my son is 11. We're open to traveling with people who don't mind kids, or can help the kids fish, or can help entertain the kids, or better yet, have kids themselves.

Has anyone done the Gypsum to Leadville section of the COBDR? I can't find much on that section online. So far I think:
- Fishing should be readily available,
- It hopefully won't be too hard to find a campsite,
- The road is basically pretty easy, and I might even be able do 15-20 mph for stretches of it.

Any insights appreciated.

Wyatt

Where is your jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shop getting a new water pump (leaking) thermostat (sticking) ac compressor (bearings are toast and grinding). Water pump and thermostat will be done tomorrow or Thursday but ac compressor needed to be ordered from mopar so I have a 3 day wait. Hopefully it gets done Friday but I'm not sure it will.

Brandon

Shop getting a new water pump (leaking) thermostat (sticking) ac compressor (bearings are toast and grinding). Water pump and thermostat will be done tomorrow or Thursday but ac compressor needed to be ordered from mopar so I have a 3 day wait. Hopefully it gets done Friday but I'm not sure it will.
Gotta make sure that a/c works since you don't use ice in your cooler, at least stuff will last a few hours longer before spoiling. Haha

Wyatt

Gotta make sure that a/c works since you don't use ice in your cooler, at least stuff will last a few hours longer before spoiling. Haha
Are you going to break yet another pair of front shocks? Or will you finally buy the right size

Brandon

Are you going to break yet another pair of front shocks? Or will you finally buy the right size
OME doesnt offer the "right size" but I will be putting in the ones that are valved for more weight up front.... since its probably time for a winch. That'll help keep it grounded a little better.

Wyatt

OME doesnt offer the "right size" but I will be putting in the ones that are valved for more weight up front.... since its probably time for a winch. That'll help keep it grounded a little better.
Then why not get non ome and stop having so many issues.

Brandon

I'll help you install it and offer a garage but you buy it.
No deal. :)

If I'm going to spend the money to upgrade, it'll be a coil over setup, what i should've done originally. All replacement parts have been provided at no cost so far.

Wyatt

Looks like I might have my Jeep back tomorrow so the I could probably make it. As long as the parts come when expected

overlandjeep

just saw this

did you run COBDR from Gypsum to leadville? Btw I have a great spot on cobdr just about 10 miles north of 70 for camping if anyone is interested.

We were going to run Cobdr from gypsum to telluride over the long weekend but some on call issues at work caused me to just drive a bunch of pavement to telluride, ouray and salida this past weekend, we still camped 4 nights in backcountry