What's new

Camber Bolts

egpowers

Anyone have exp. installing cam bolts? I'm in the process of buying my lift parts, AAL's I can almost do in my sleep, the coil overs look to be a piece of cake, but I'm perplexed on installing cam bolts. It's probably going to be June before I do this, but I'm inquiring now.

ExplorerTom

I think Andrew installed some on his Taco. Maybe Brandon when he did his lift? Ige and Andrew were both there for that install.

Odomandr

The Tacoma has them from the factory. We dont change them with a lift. They can seize since they are a in a sleeve then in a bushing. The sleeve can rust to the bushing in the lower arm and that can make adjusting it impossible. Have to cut them out and replace the bushing and the cam bolts

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

truffles

Installing the cam bolts is easy. The hardest part of doing anything with the LCA's is that the bolts are usually frozen, requiring you to cut them. That'll require either new LCA's or taking the time to get the old bushings out and press new bushings in as Odomandr said

Odomandr

If they did start to seize I have watched an air chisel break them out. I know a set of lowers off a truck locally if you need them let me know

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

egpowers

With my truck being so new, seizing shouldn't be an issue. Although I talked to NISSTEC last week, they were saying they had a brand new truck in with seized bolts, so who knows. Right now, it's looking like June for doing a lift, need to get some final feedback on a couple of financial issues.

truffles

With my truck being so new, seizing shouldn't be an issue. Although I talked to NISSTEC last week, they were saying they had a brand new truck in with seized bolts, so who knows. Right now, it's looking like June for doing a lift, need to get some final feedback on a couple of financial issues.
That's a possibility... I wouldn't really plan on all of them being free. When I did my lift 3 out of the 4 bolts were seized. I was surprised the 1 was free. It only took about a half hour with a sawzall to get the others.

Get some PB blaster and spray the heck out them every day for a week before you work on the truck. It could help you out.