What's new

Coffee Press

Clymber

Kat and I have a insulated French press which is great no worries about it breaking. I used to have a French press that was on mug so it was 2 in 1

Morris Yarnell

Usually on the trail I use freeze dried coffee, easy to make but not my wife's favorite. I looked for a French press for months that was not glass. Found one at a thrift store that is stainless steel but have not used it yet so I am on the road to better coffee and maybe soon. We are also looking for insulated coffee cups as the blue enameled ones that we are currently using get cold fast and are often too hot to drink the coffee when freshly made. I'll be checking REI for the insulated ones.

Morris Yarnell

That looks to be a fine press. I am interested in the hand grinder, mentioned by Overland Girl, as well and if there is a place to get one that will not rival my vehicle in cost, I would be very interested.
Found cups at REI, not insulated metal but large composite plastic with lid, we'll see how they work on our next trip. Got one coming up to the dunes up north the weekend of the 15th.

jerdog53

We got that hand grinder to use on the trail, it actually makes the coffee taste different because it grinds the bean rather than chopping them up.

Morris Yarnell

Good price on the grinder with A-prime. Have a SS press and as you say a bit messy but doable, two cups max. Usually take pre-ground coffee. Trying to get away from instant.

mikeinCO

We use a SS 48oz French Press from REI with pre-ground coffee. We like our coffee in the morning and lots of it. Just rinse it out with some water and let it "season" for the duration of the trip.

AlbertBrine