Electric off road vehicle???

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Morris Yarnell, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Morris Yarnell

Morris Yarnell Well-Known Member

Range isn't even enough to GET you off road

REDONE likes this.
  2. REDONE

REDONE Active Member

I read an article on that the other day! I don't think it's got a future, especially at the dollar figure they're proposing. However, I really like the idea and I'm glad that someone is working in that direction. I'm hoping it has an influence on the industry, at the very least.

3. Morris Yarnell

4. Natebert

Natebert Member

5. Dayglo27

Dayglo27 New Member

Wow. Never encountered an electric-powered 4x4 vehicle before.

6. Morris Yarnell

I was thinking about an E-bike for a bit of travel when camped. I have explored a few that are available, of course the recharging has me a bit put off. How to recharge when so far from power since there is no extension cord that would ever reach. Is there a possibility of recharging from the vehicle through a device (inverter) to take 12V to 110V and plug in the battery of the bike?
    Looks like more information is needed before I go this route.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  7. Natebert

Natebert Member

That sounds like it a great idea to me.
    DC->AC->DC would work but not very efficiently. It would be fine while you're driving though.
    There should be a way to charge it directly. We definitely would need something to manage the charging and prevent over charging so can't hook it directly to a solar panel though. We'd need to know what the input that particular bike is. Better to look for a manufacture who's charger accepts DC input direct then can manage the charge.

8. tcishere84

tcishere84 New Member

How much are they selling it?