What's new

Experienced RV Solar Installer

Does anyone know of anyone in Colorado experienced in RV solar installations?

I bought a new Solar Controller and batteries, and feel like I might be in a bit over my head.

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

REDONE

I think the main challenge is that most installers would want to sell the components, too. Does the seller recommend anyone? Also, what brand/model of controller and batteries are they? I've done some marine solar install, but I bet someone here has done something more recently that could help if an actual installer won't help you out.

Swank1975

Did you get their 100watt rv/marine solar kit?
The install looks pretty straight forward. Mount panel to roof rack or set up portable panel, connect 2 low volt wires from panel to Controller. Then just run 2 wires from controller to the battery. It's almost like installing a battery in parallel. The controller does the thinking for you. The panel looks to be 21" x 47". Were you looking to mount it or store it and get it out at camp?

REDONE

Is the issue that you don't want to rip apart your interior and drill holes in the body yourself? I can totally understand that.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I've done 2 successful solar installs. The LR3 is working perfectly. I can give you a hand! ;)