What's new

Grill for Fire

jerdog53

I have been contemplating some stuff from Snow Peak for this…

and

with….

but as $275 for all that you got to want it!

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
How do you store your grill, it seems like getting one with a case is key so it doesn't get black junk all over everything.

ExplorerTom

I put it standing up between the side of the drawer and the "grill" side of the folding table. I then out pillows between the window and the smooth side of the folding table. Seems to hold it in nice.

Haven't noticed any junk on the interior yet.

jerdog53

Oh trust me we never go out solely relying on a camp fire for cooking, I much prefer the control I get when cooking with gas! White gas that is. ...

CCH

If you're going to the get together tonight, we can debate the merits of white gas versus propane. ;) I can argue both sides, but have pretty much devoted myself to propane at this point. That Weber grill is one of my strongest reasons.

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
I think cooking over a fire can be fun and a bit of novelty but I agree, when I'm cooking I want controlled high heat that gives me a consistent temp.

jerdog53

The other thing I have is this Grilliput portable grill that folds into its self.

Used it a few times last year with great success

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
The Cobb looks bigger. And more expensive. I was looking for a Dutch over/skillet and came across the campmaid. Of course the snow peak fire pit with grill is my first choice.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I ended up going with the snow peak fire pit with grill. We also have added a Weber q 1000 to our setup, it is the most bare bones gas grill from Weber and is incredibly handy when you want to cook quickly.