What's new

Ground Tenters need NOT apply

Morris Yarnell

Maybe, but you can't have stickers on your vehicle. They do feed you dinner and you get a 'T' shirt.
Might be that there isn't room for tents at the camp sites.
Only costs $300
That is $100 per day for guided excursion and you get into the event for free, getting better.

Last edited:

Morris Yarnell

Here ya go, it's kind of a fine print thing,,, 'No advertising or non-sponsor stickers will be allowed on participant vehicles as a courtesy to our Four Wheeler Overland Adventure sponsors.'

Matto

Basically every one who overlands has stickers on their vehicle... I'm not sure how I feel about the Overland West event. I don't like how expensive it is to attend or stay the night nearby. I'm almost disappointed by how commercialized it has come. It shouldn't be a hobby for the rich adventurists who can spend tens of thousands on cool gear, but for anyone who wants to get out on the trails and enjoy the outdoors. If you ground tent it, good for you. If bring a cooler of ice and not a refrigerator, not problem. If your rocking a stock jeep wrangler, lets see what it can do. This is should be for everyone.

Morris Yarnell

The thing about no stickers is for the event going on before the Overland West show put on by Four Wheeler. Read the whole thing, every word before jumping to any conclusion. I took that phrase from the rules governing the guided tour that you would be paying for because Tom had not seen that part. Yes it is expensive and yes it is highly commercialized and yes it may come a time that it will be for the well to do as many things do become.

DaVikes

Overlanding has become mainstream enough that 4Wheeler is joining the bandwagon. So they organized an Easter Jeep Safari style overland trip, lol. Maybe it's because it's late at night, but the whole thing was pretty funny to me. Their rules were definitely written by a lawyer. No dogs, no kids, no stickers. Bring proof of insurance. I liked the part about how the route was "carefully crafted by a professional guide". Did they hire Ben? Or Brad? But, if you really were going to pay about $170 to stay at OEX for the weekend, the $300 isn't too bad a deal. They're bringing a caterer along, so that's about $15 per person per night. Or about $90 for two people. $170 + $90 = $260. That leaves $40 to pay for T-shirts and swag, so I guess you would get $40 of t-shirts and swag. Since they are planning on feeding at least 50 people each night, and the meals are going to be prepared by a professional chef, that got me thinking. Did they come up with an overland style food truck?

The application also killed me. Provide pictures of your overlandy truck, and complete the sentence "I overland because..." Hmm. Because I tried overwatering once and I almost drowned. Because I meant to go car camping, but I got really lost. I'm sure there are more, but I ran out of ideas.

nuclearlemon

Hahahahaha!!!!! Overlanding for a whopping two days....come back when you can play fouwheeler. When I went to ox, it was a week and 4 states. That's a bit closer to an adventure

That said, dont need an overlanding food truck. Trailsoffroad.com has a professional chef in its staff....tj has made utah camping amazing! Nothing quite like having taste buds overload while watching a bitchin sunset in the swell