What's new

Help programming Baofeng BF-F9V2+

Max

From what I understand, it's pretty easy to program using a cable one of you guys might have. Can anyone in Boulder help me with this? It's not very straightforward to program this thing by hand. I'm also going to try to come to the meet and greet tomorrow evening.

Cheers,
Max

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
Jerry has a cable and a programing file. He should be there Tuesday and I know he's helped several others program their radios. Jerry, you up for one more?

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Hud did mine. His chirp file is awesome! I need to print it out and put it in my glove box.

Max

Thanks for the help Hudson! He really hooked me up with all the info on frequencies and stuff!

Hudson

Max- Glad I could help. Sorry we had such a busy afternoon and I wasn't able to stay and chat longer. Now go get your HAM! :) Enjoy the journey.

Morris Yarnell

Hud also programmed mine. Although I don't use it as much now that I have a wired in HAM in the LR for trips it is good for times when I might be away from the vehicle.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I’m upgrading my ham setup as well. Will keep the baofeng in my rig for spotting purposes.

Morris Yarnell

If you find a better way to charge it in the vehicle let me know. I have a house charger but in vehicle charging is a bit of a challenge, the one that fits in the lighter outlet is a bit tricky, course I have only done it on the move. Maybe letting it charge in the evening while camped would be better.
Keeping it for spotting is a good idea, or even while on a hike away from the rest of the vehicles.

i have a Yeasu UHF/VHF setup in my jeep as well as 2 baofeng radios that i picked up for $40. I like the small radios as i can give those to other people on the trail when they don't have it. Those batteries last pretty long if you use them only when needed. That being said, I have a simple inverter under my seat that I can use to charge those radios. Nothing flashy but it definitely works