What's new

Marmite food transport container

Jim

Morris - I'll give you a plug.
I have two Marmite containers. Bought them back when we had the1962 Dodge M37-B1 TRUCK, CARGO, 3/4T, W/W (per the data plate).
The Marmite is a tough piece of gear almost USGI draftee proof. I've used them as both a cooler and for hot food.
With the three individual o-ring sealed compartments you can put ice in one or two and keep food segregated from the water. They are great for hot food such as chili or stew. Preheat the whole interior with hot tap water. Then fill one compartment with food and the other two with water heated on the stove. The chow will stay hot for a long time.
The Marmite is a fine piece of gear.

Morris Yarnell

Thanks Jim,
If you know anyone in the market for one the price is negotiable, as are all things. When I had Mogs and Pinzgauers I was involved with many Xmilitry folks that would gather for chats and beer and this is a left over from that era of my life. I have never used it, only got it from one of my friends that had many such things.
I especially like the Korean era aluminum medical chests as they are water proof and are great for long term storage.

Jim

Morris
Our M37-B1 was a total loss when the storage building burned. I later had a M1009 CUCV but never got back into the MVPA scene. I will keep my ears open for buyers.
I have two of the aluminum medical chests I bought back in the M37 phase. Have not used them yet but look to be good for dry stowage on the roof rack if interior space is short.

strelnik

Morris
Our M37-B1 was a total loss when the storage building burned. I later had a M1009 CUCV but never got back into the MVPA scene. I will keep my ears open for buyers.
I have two of the aluminum medical chests I bought back in the M37 phase. Have not used them yet but look to be good for dry stowage on the roof rack if interior space is short.
I am interested in buying the marmite. Pls send me a message. Thanks