• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

overlandjeep

Thing is we have been talking about trying a new place for 2 years and no changes, for me personally the place in arvada is 45 miles away ion a weeknight during the worst possible time to drive it. several of us on the south side have done carpooling etc to try to make it easier but having the place not centrally located impairs access.

Brandon

I am South Golden. I posted cannonball since it was brought up one of the last times a thread about moving venues popped up.

I do not have the ability to change the meetup location on here or meetup, so final word isn't up to me.

But, there are 8 yea and 1 nae... And our pavement pounder leader @Overland1 and others come from far north of the Denver area.

Morris Yarnell

That was also before this group had an influx of members from the Northwest Overland group that began out of WA.
I like this group and enjoy the meets, where ever they are. I don't come for the beer, but to see friends and enjoy the talk.
I don't think there is a 'perfect' place but I do think the people involved make it a great occasion. Now every meet there are new folks that have heard about it and want to be a part of an organization that fosters enjoyment and friendship.

Morris Yarnell

I imagine when Helen can talk there will be stories you don't want her to spread...(remember the time Dad got stuck?)
Cute hat...she get that from you?

REDONE

Haha! She's got enough personality already, I'm worried about the future! That was last Saturday at Big B's farm stand and cidery outside Hotchkiss. After 16 years in the military I still don't like to eat with my hat on so onto the baby it went!

RokGoblin

Cannonball is super close to me as well, and I can confirm they are both kid and dog friendly...never been to a MeetUp b4, but met some of you guys at the HAM radio presentation earlier this year, does that count.

I'm willing to put a few miles on my rig in order to meet some new people, so if the next meetup is in Denver proper, Arvada, or in BFE somewhere, I'm totally cool with that. Why not rotate every few meetups and move closer to some and further from others? Let it roll around the perimeter of Denver Proper or something along those lines...some in Highlands, some in Golden, some in Aurora, Centennial...etc. Sorry if this has already been stated...Captain Obvious here!!!

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
Why not rotate every few meetups and move closer to some and further from others?
On the surface that seems like a great idea. My concern is so many people don't check the forum or meetup group, they just show up to the same place every month they have been for years. If we start changing it every month it makes it difficult for some of us creatures of habit.

On the surface that seems like a great idea. My concern is so many people don't check the forum or meetup group, they just show up to the same place every month they have been for years. If we start changing it every month it makes it difficult for some of us creatures of habit.
True, random changes could be difficult. Maybe pick 2 or 3, and rotate through them (odd/even months, or 1st, 2nd, 3rd month of the quarter, ...). 2 might be the least confusing.

REDONE

Those that don't frequent here often probably have friends that do. I can make sure shimniok and the other full size Jeep people know.:)

You are talking about people that drive complicated off road vehicles and appear at random destinations with only the flimsiest of directions to get there. I think they might just be able to turn on a computer and check where they are supposed to go for a meet.
Thanks for the laugh, Morris!

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I drove by there at 5:45 today and there was 1 parking space. Granted that may just be the after work crowd grabbing a cold one before heading home.

REDONE

I drove by there at 5:45 today and there was 1 parking space. Granted that may just be the after work crowd grabbing a cold one before heading home.
There's usually a lull around 6:30-7. It's more like the "after daycare" crowd than after work. The awesome food truck rotation combined with their great tasting and good variety of beers generally means it's never "dead" though. While the parking is cramped right there at the brewery and next door gym, there's always enough parking along Washington Ave. With the gym right there the parking lot isn't always an indication that cannonball is packed too. :)

Wyatt

So I guessing the meet tomorrow night is just at the normal location.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk