What's new

Morrison Jeep Trail - Wyoming

rmnp21

Has anyone done this route? Probably not happening this season, but looks promising for a nice trip next season, and never too early to plan and see what can be done. It's near Yellowstone and looks like alot of side road/trail opportunities.

Wyatt

Thought I saw it got closed recently due to a death involving a utv accident. However I may not be correct in that.

ExplorerTom

Take spare tires. A member on his way to Alaska did it a couple weeks ago. He and another guy got punctures while on the trail.

A19pilot

Has anyone done this route? Probably not happening this season, but looks promising for a nice trip next season, and never too early to plan and see what can be done. It's near Yellowstone and looks like alot of side road/trail opportunities.
Rmnp21 when were you thinking about running the trail? I have a brother in law that lives in Bozeman we were thinking of running this trail at some point next summer. The forest service doesn't open the trail till 7/15. He is in an LJ Rubicon. Ill be rolling a stock 05 Land Cruiser I just bought.

jerdog53

It isn't open until after the 15th of July regardless of the snow fall and will close directly after the snow falls.

I haven't done it but plan to

A19pilot

Jerdog do you live in MT? Let's tag up when the time gets closer. I'm going to talk to my brother in law when we head up for thanksgiving. You guys would be more than welcome to join us. I've never been over this route but rode the main road hwy212 I believe last summer on my motorcycle. What an amazing trip. I can wait to see more of that country on the back roads.

jerdog53

I do not live in MT although I did live in Wy for a while 10 years ago. Its about an 8 hour drive to the trail head from my location in Denver which would add two days to the trip just to get there.

A19pilot

Gotcha. Yeah I am in Colorado Springs. The trail description makes it sound like this crazy trail but It doesent look any worse than Black Bear.

rmnp21

Rmnp21 when were you thinking about running the trail? I have a brother in law that lives in Bozeman we were thinking of running this trail at some point next summer. The forest service doesn't open the trail till 7/15. He is in an LJ Rubicon. Ill be rolling a stock 05 Land Cruiser I just bought.
Late July/early August. Love to do in the week to avoid too many people. And wanting to get people together and see what interest and when works. And if anyone has anything else we could do in that area to maybe make a longer trip.

The crew at Expedition Overland tackled the Morrison Jeep trail back in 2013. Based on their video, it looks like a really fun and challenging trail.
Check it out here: