What's new

New to the area here is what I’m bringing

Ginger_Jeep_Kid

Hello all I’ll be moving to the Castle Rock area come mid September and looking to hit the trails because in PA where I’m from there’s not much.
I’ll be driving my 1995 Grand Cherokee Limited around 1600 miles over 3 days for the move out.

Just wanted to list vehicle specs and all that I’ve done to the rig.

-Specs
5.2 v8
Dana 30/44a with LSD
NP 249

-Homebuilt Parts/ Modifications
-Armor
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper Tire Carrier
Front and Belly Skids
Monstaliner Paint Job ( Color- Readhead )
-Suspension
Front Radius Long Arms
Rear Double Triangulated Long Arms
Rear Custom Mounted Currie Antirock
DIY Chevy One Ton Steering
-Accessories
Rock Sliders
Roof Rack
Overland Shower Tank
Overland Drawer System
Dash Bar
Switch Panel
Vehicle Hammock Stands

- Non Homebuilt Mods
Interior
Viair RTR 2gal Air Source
Rear Facing Camera and Monitor
-Exterior
Smittybilt 6’ awning
-Suspension
Addco Front Sway Bar
JKS Quick Disconnects
JKS Adjustable Coil Spacers
Bilstein 5125 12” Fronts 10” Rear Shocks
IRO 4.5” coils (sitting at 6” of lift )
IRO Upper/Lower Bar Pin Eliminators
-Drivetrain
Custom Length F/R Drive Shafts
Swapped Dana 44a
-Lighting
Amazon 52” Curved Lightbar
Amazon 2x2 Front Bumper Pods
Amazon Under-mounted Pods
-Communications
Cobra CB
Firestick 4’ Antenna
-Navigation
Garman Nuvi
IPad Mini (Gaia)
-Gear
Actiontrax
9000lb Quadratic Winch
Recovery Gear
-Tire/Wheel
33x12.50x15 Cooper Discoverer AT3
15x8 Black Rock D Windows

Lots of other odds and ends that I’m probably missing.

To see more my Instagram is ginger_jeep_kid

211B1780-FEDB-43A5-B1FA-882A80CAEF40.jpeg
BF55D293-8FD4-4CBE-8E77-FFB950F3CD2D.jpeg
3AC7F8BC-A113-4E31-AE92-D31121353462.jpeg
17D12218-FBED-444E-944E-42B7A721AE03.jpeg

Morris Yarnell

Welcome to CO. There are plenty of places for that rig to go here. You will have more places than you have time.
Several of the folks here do use CB but many have HAM that we use for trail communications, might want to check into that.

Ginger_Jeep_Kid

Welcome to CO. There are plenty of places for that rig to go here. You will have more places than you have time.
Several of the folks here do use CB but many have HAM that we use for trail communications, might want to check into that.
Thanks! I can’t wait to get out and hit the trails. as far as a HAM setup I’ve been holding off on that purchase till I find out which HAM setups most people use in both hand held and dedicated vehicle mounted units. Where I wheel back home in Pennsylvania CB is all people use.

ExplorerTom

Welcome. Good looking rig.

As Morris said, there are trails galore out here. Most will be closing soon for seasonal closures, but some can be run year round.

Morris Yarnell

GJK,
Go to your local Ham Radio Outlet, the one in Denver set me up with a reasonable priced unit. With radio, antenna and info on how to use it. As a vet I was able to take the test for free. Even though it is not really too costly and the local shop will sell you a study book and if you can answer the questions in it you will pass the test. Almost anything that suits your budget will work. A hand held will more than suffice till you can make a determination (if you even want a mounted unit) by checking out other's units. If you are not licensed you can monitor the conversations to know what is going on.
I used CB for years as we were really not that far away from each other where I used to wheel in SoCal. Sold the mounted CB with the Pinzgauer and got a HH for the Rover as it seemed that CB wasn't used much here.
Good book for info on CO trails. https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Colorado-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/1934838268/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2DJLB87FSI7HY&keywords=charles+wells+4-wheels-drive-trails&qid=1567958263&s=gateway&sprefix=Charles+Wel,undefined,163&sr=8-2