What's new

Not an "Expedition" but we got out...

CCH

Finally got the new Jeep out today. Went up in the vicinity of Yankee Hill, although not all the way up that trail. Nothing very taxing, but it was fun to get it dirty with my two best partners. The new tires (Cooper ST-Maxx) acquitted themselves well, although we only hit a couple of wet spots that barely tested traction. Given how rocky the trail was, I was very happy to have them rather than the stock tires -- available if anyone needs something for around town by the way, check CL. ;) Overall, I guess the Jeep just made it seem pretty easy. Funny going by all the UTV, ATV, buggy, and motocross types. They may have been hitting some much harder parts of the trail than we did, but we definitely weren't as extreme as most of the crowd up there.

Any photographers out there want to diagnose the red spot in my photo? Have a lens hood, but that is distinctly annoying.

ExplorerTom

Nice job.

I also got out today. But seriously nothing major. I took the family and 2 dogs up to the start of Red Cone and just sat and relaxed while the kids played in the dirt. Drove the Mariner.

CCH

Getting out is all that matters. How much snow is left up there?
Zero anywhere we went. Don't know if one went all the way up Yankee Hill. We started by the campground above the graveyards and went up to the turn to Yankee Hill. Short, but sweet. Tommyknocker soda and IPA were rewards for all at the end.

ExplorerTom

There's a guy on Frontrange4x4 that lives up on the Alice side of Yankee Hill. He just posted pics and said it's probably another couple weeks yet.