What's new

Official BS Thread

topgeek

blurred.. like from no oxygen to the brain when shoveling at 12,000ft blurred? :D
I have no idea what Ryan is doing in the top of this photo :rolleyes:

Brandon

Swapped over to the OME 90000 shocks from the 90021s today. As is apparently natural for this suspension, I was blessed with the ability to do the drivers side twice. After finishing it and getting halfway done with the passenger side I realized I forgot a washer. This was no ordinary washer, its the one that keeps the shock shaft from shooting up through the hood. So, I decided that it was in my trucks best interest that I redid that side to put that silly washer in!

Unfortunately the shocks are the same other than valving for extra weight up front so the full droop issues will probably still be there. But, eventually a winch shall grace the front of the clunker and I'll need those shocks. Other option was to try different springs that would drop it 1/2" to try and "fix" the full droop issue by giving it a further distance that it needs to travel, but those plus a winch would put me at lowrider status.

Also deciding on AAL for the rear or a new leaf pack to give me extra lift for the weight thats back there since my truck looks like it has a 1" lift. Helped install a set on another '15 Tacoma and we ran into the issue of the rear hard brake lines being over-torqued from the factory when we went to install extended lines. It mushroomed the end of the hard line inside the female fitting on the truck. The nut unscrewed fine, but the lines wouldnt come out! So we had to pull them out with a decent force, then file down the flared ends to make them fit back into the fittings. Good job Toyota.

Wyatt

Swapped over to the OME 90000 shocks from the 90021s today. As is apparently natural for this suspension, I was blessed with the ability to do the drivers side twice. After finishing it and getting halfway done with the passenger side I realized I forgot a washer. This was no ordinary washer, its the one that keeps the shock shaft from shooting up through the hood. So, I decided that it was in my trucks best interest that I redid that side to put that silly washer in!

Unfortunately the shocks are the same other than valving for extra weight up front so the full droop issues will probably still be there. But, eventually a winch shall grace the front of the clunker and I'll need those shocks. Other option was to try different springs that would drop it 1/2" to try and "fix" the full droop issue by giving it a further distance that it needs to travel, but those plus a winch would put me at lowrider status.

Also deciding on AAL for the rear or a new leaf pack to give me extra lift for the weight thats back there since my truck looks like it has a 1" lift. Helped install a set on another '15 Tacoma and we ran into the issue of the rear hard brake lines being over-torqued from the factory when we went to install extended lines. It mushroomed the end of the hard line inside the female fitting on the truck. The nut unscrewed fine, but the lines wouldnt come out! So we had to pull them out with a decent force, then file down the flared ends to make them fit back into the fittings. Good job Toyota.
You forgot a little something about today. What happened to the um steering?

Brandon

You forgot a little something about today. What happened to the um steering?
Toyota also uses plastic threads on the castle nut that connect the tie rod to the knuckle. Even though the thing was fully threaded on the stud, when I hit it with a hammer to break the tie rod out of the knuckle, it jacked up the nut and all the threads. Was able to grind out some of the broken threads, make it thread on halfway, jacked it up into the knuckle to make sure it seated. Used some washers and the cotter pin and made it to Toyota to get a new one... and a spare. Just a blast.

And my CoverKing Neosupreme drivers seat cover that have the top part of fabric de-laminating (for lack of a better word) from the foam part is getting sent back, so we'll see what their "fix" is for the issue. I've only had them a little under six months now, so it seems a bit early for them to be falling apart.

Odomandr

Toyota also uses plastic threads on the castle nut that connect the tie rod to the knuckle. Even though the thing was fully threaded on the stud, when I hit it with a hammer to break the tie rod out of the knuckle, it jacked up the nut and all the threads. Was able to grind out some of the broken threads, make it thread on halfway, jacked it up into the knuckle to make sure it seated. Used some washers and the cotter pin and made it to Toyota to get a new one... and a spare. Just a blast.

And my CoverKing Neosupreme drivers seat cover that have the top part of fabric de-laminating (for lack of a better word) from the foam part is getting sent back, so we'll see what their "fix" is for the issue. I've only had them a little under six months now, so it seems a bit early for them to be falling apart.
I am not pleased with the cover king covers. Mine need constant adjustment and just don't seem well planned

ExplorerTom

I don't often listen to country, but I caught this song today:
I kinda dig it. Plus it seems relevant to this group.

Brandon

Jones Pass looks like it'll be snowed shut for this year. 20+ foot drift covering the road for 100+ feet just east of the pass.

Only way through is tractors and some explosives, which i doubt they'll do.

Brandon

Just wanted to throw the info out there...

Slee Offroad has the 5gal Wavian jerry cans for $45. The nozzles are $22. That is at least $10 cheaper than Amazon, maybe $20. They have red, yellow and green in stock.

CSDB

If anyone wants two of the old military style jerry cans I've got two that don't get use, I don't have a donkey dick for them so they just sit.
Will trade for Miller High Life or better.

ExplorerTom

Jones Pass looks like it'll be snowed shut for this year. 20+ foot drift covering the road for 100+ feet just east of the pass.

Only way through is tractors and some explosives, which i doubt they'll do.
Webster Pass is taking its sweet time opening as well.

Although we did watch 2 motorcycles make it going down. It'll be awhile before anything with 4 wheels makes it through.