What's new

Passing Inspection

Ginger_Jeep_Kid

Hello all. I posted about my move to Colorado ( Castle Rock and Denver area) but I have a big looming question. How are inspections emissions? I’m from Pa and pass no problem because for envision I’m grandfathered in and the dealership tends to overlook the modifications that have been done to the vehicle. Pennsylvania being super strict however states that the exhaust has to exit the vehicle and mine does not it dumps right around the rear passenger seat. Will that fail in Colorado? I can’t seem to find any legislation on the matter. PA has a long list of points that are spelled out that will fail an inspection. Is there any documentation of that for Colorado?

Any help would be awesome thanks!

ExplorerTom

So you will will have to do a “rolling road” driving test where your vehicle will be driven on some dyno rollers with an exhaust hose over your exhaust pipe that is sniffing the gases coming out of the exhaust. They will need to be able to hook up that hose- and by “hook up”, I mean slip over so it doesn’t fall off.

If they can’t get the hose to stay on, then the test can’t analyze the gases coming out, then you can’t pass the test.

1568250065105.jpeg

Ginger_Jeep_Kid

So you will will have to do a “rolling road” driving test where your vehicle will be driven on some dyno rollers with an exhaust hose over your exhaust pipe that is sniffing the gases coming out of the exhaust. They will need to be able to hook up that hose- and by “hook up”, I mean slip over so it doesn’t fall off.

If they can’t get the hose to stay on, then the test can’t analyze the gases coming out, then you can’t pass the test.

View attachment 2148
Gotchya. Awesome to hear there should be enough to “hook” the hose to stay on. I just put on a new CAT and a Magnapack which is more muffler then I had before which was just a cat and an 8” cherry bomb.

As for vehicle inspection is there any? Or is it only emissions?
DADE3858-CD21-4EAF-B929-E1507E59B7E0.jpeg

ExplorerTom

There are no vehicle inspections. You can pass emissions with metal on metal brake pads, missing shocks and ball joints with inches of play.

Ginger_Jeep_Kid

There are no vehicle inspections. You can pass emissions with metal on metal brake pads, missing shocks and ball joints with inches of play.
Great to hear! Not that my jeep is in bad order its just with the suspension setup out the back there’s no way to run a full tailpipe and in Pa that’s a fail. I’ve gotten past that by putting on a full tailpipe for inspection but it gets knocked around on the drive to and from inspection.

ExplorerTom

You might want to keep that tailpipe section- just incase they hassle you about having to crawl under the truck to hook up their hose.

Morris Yarnell

Unless you go very early you ill have time to install the additional tail pipe section while in line before you get to the emissions test area. As Tom said it might just make it easier for them and that is really what you want to happen.