What's new

Smittybilt 2790 Traction ramps

overlandjeep

The other thing to do with all traction devices like these is to have a bit of rope tied to the device and then wrap around rear bumper so that when you get past the soft spot the traction device then is pulled out with you and you don't need to stop to get them or walk back through the mud to get them out

ExplorerTom

The other thing to do with all traction devices like these is to have a bit of rope tied to the device and then wrap around rear bumper so that when you get past the soft spot the traction device then is pulled out with you and you don't need to stop to get them or walk back through the mud to get them out
I've thought about this and have to say that it would depend on what you're stuck in. If it's mud, the traction device might put up a tremendous fight trying to get out because of the suction created by the mud. The rope will hopefully yield before it breaks the traction device or bumper- if it was one of Brandon's, you could end up with a piece through the back window! Snow can also put a fight, but not nearly as much as mud. Dry sand should be no problem, but wet sand might.

Odomandr

I figured they were up to something when they sold their stock of v1 TREDS to summit racing and other current dealers at sellout pricing. I was on the fence myself as having 4 total would be ideal

Sent from my SM-N910T